Agricultural extension was once known as the application of Scientific Research and new knowledge to agricultural practices through farmer education. The field of extension new encompasses a wider range of communication and learning activities organized for rural people by professionals from different disciplines.
1. Improving the production, productivity of all crops and allied enterprise.
2. Pest and Disease management in various crops.
3. Export oriented production system.
4. Diversification in cropping system.
5. Income generation activities through agro based enterprise.
1. Information Technology for Agriculture.
2. Group organization of rural population.
3. Communicating agriculture technologies agrobased enterprise.
Organisation of different training programmes in agriculture.
ICT based information and Technology in Agriculture.
Linkages with farming community and other line department.
Group dynamics and leadership development in community.
Planning and Programme implementation
Planning and Programme implementation with following steps are considered-
Total bottom up approach.
KVK programme based on the action plan developed.
KVK SMS, plan the programme based on farmers problems and feedback receieved from the farming community.
At KVK level more interaction and brain storming among the technical staff.
Developed strong network with farmers, farm women and Rural youth through groups.
Programme planning based on problems and feedback.
Selection of the group based on their problem.
Discussion of programme with the group.
Identification of beneficiaries for programme by group.
Planning implementation evaluation- total participation of the group.
More appreciation by the farming community for the technologies input and services provided by KVK.
Master trainer approach.